MaxiNutrition have taken many precautions to keep your credit card details safe. All credit card information that is transmitted from your computer to the MaxiNutrition server is encrypted using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL - see below) protocol.
We use a secure server with state-of-the-art encryption and Secure Socket Layer server technology. There has never been a case in which any of our consumers lost money as a result of fraudulent card use resulting from a breach of our security as data was transmitted over the Internet. It is widely joked, in the e-commerce industry, that you have more chance of becoming a victim of credit-card fraud by handing your card to a waiter in a restaurant than by sending it over the Internet using SSL. If you do not have a secure browser, or you still feel that you would prefer not to send your credit-card details even with a secure browser, you are welcome to order by phone 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday (01442 418500) or fax (01442 418501).
No, we won't. In fact, we won't sell your email address to any other organisation. Since customers value their privacy, our business depends on protecting it.
Secure connections on the MaxiNutrition store are verified and authenticated using our secure server certificate - issued to us by BT Trustwise / Verisign. You can also check the validity of ourcertificate by double clicking on the glowing padlock that appears on the bottom left or bottom right corner of your browser.Alternatively, please examine the security settings of your browser.
Our server certificate uses strong 512 bit encryption which means that when it's possible (i.e. your browser is capable), the server will encrypt its communications using this higher level of encryption. If the browser isn't capable of communicating at 512 bits, theserver will switch down to 128 bit or 40 bit encryption. The possibility of someone being able to intercept and decrypt the secure communication between browser and server is very slim indeed.
An SSL connection is initiated by the client (normally a Web browser) by requesting a document to be sent through the HTTPS protocol as opposed to the standard HTTP protocol. This is done by by simply prefixing the URL by "https" as opposed to "http". For example:
requests the document index.html be sent through the standard HTTP protocol, whilst
requests the same document be sent using the HTTPS protocol which incorporates SSL.
Here in detail are the steps taken during an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) transaction:
1. The client sends a request for a document to be transmitted using the HTTPS protocol by prefixing the URL with "https".
2. The server sends its certificate to the client.
The client checks if the certificate was issued by a Certificate Authority (CA) it trusts. If not, it gives the user the option to continue or to terminate the transaction.
3. The client compares the information in the certificate with the information it just received concerning the site: its domain name and its public key. If the information matches, the client accepts the site as authenticated.
4. The client tells the server what ciphers, or encryption algorithms, it can communicate with.
5. The server chooses the strongest common cipher and informs the client.
6. The client generates a private (or session) key using the agreed cipher.
7. The client then encrypts the session key using the server's public key and sends it to the server.
8. The server receives the encrypted session key and decrypts it with its private key.
9. The client and the server then use the session key for the rest of the transaction.
Terms and Conditions
1. MaxiNutrition.com would like to provide you with a strong and compelling reason to visit our site again. Therefore, in order to help us provide an optimal site and service and increase our speed of site download time, we gather the following information in aggregate form: operating system (e.g.Macintosh, Windows - Mac/PC), browser type (e.g. Navigator, Internet Explorer), IP address, and Internet domain (e.g. Virgin, Freeserve, Demon, AOL). Cookies are used to record your purchase preferences each time you visit our site. Information gathered on our email registration form is simply your email address. This costs nothing to you but ensures we can update you with info on special offers that are not available to non registrants.
2. We use customer contact information from the order form for accounting purposes and to contact the customer when/if necessary (e.g. for customer service issues). In the instance when MaxiNutrition uses a third party to fulfill the transaction, the following information is provided to the supplier in order to facilitate the transaction and/or exchange of goods: email address, phone numbers, fax number and payment details, including credit card information. MaxiNutrition also uses the order information to send the customer information about our company and our services. Demographic and profile data is used to provide aggregate customers profiles to our marketing partners and to help us create a better service. Demographic and profile data is used to tailor our visitors' experience at our site, showing content that we think might be of interest, and displaying the content according to these preferences. Customers can opt-out at any time of receiving these future mailings; see the un-subscribe section above.
3. Information gathered from contests: occasionally we run contests on our site and the customer's contact information is used to contact the customer when necessary (e.g. to notify you if you have won) and customers are added to our mailing list for future products. Customers may opt-out at any time of receiving future mailings; see the un-subscribe section above. Abbreviated/censored customer names and/or e-mail addresses may be used on our contest winners' page as well. We do not sell, share, trade, rent, or give away any of your personal information on our email lists.
4. Emails sent to MaxiNutrition may occasionally be used for testimonial purposes but will be withdrawn from the web site if requested. Our site may from time to time contain links to other sites and MaxiNutrition is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. You can send mail to the following postal address: Maxinutrition, Unit 1 Horizon Point, Swallowdale Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Herts,HP2 7FZ. Removal requests will be made within 11 working days of the request. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with MaxiNutrition please contact us at email@example.com
5. Only one voucher/coupon may be used per order. Minimum order value may apply, and coupons cannot be used on multiple orders unless stated.
6. No contract will subsist between you and Maximusce Ltd for the sale by it to you of any order unless and until MaxiNutrition accepts your order by e-mail confirming that it has been dispatched.
1. Place of performance and applicable law
MaxiNutrition is a trading name of GlaxoSmithKline UK Ltd, a company registered in England. Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this site are directed solely at those who access this site from the United Kingdom mainland. MaxiNutrition makes no representation that any product referred to in the materials on this site is appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable. English law shall govern this Agreement. You and we each submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to disputes arising out of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
2.1 MaxiNutrition has taken reasonable care in the preparation of the content of this site. However, to the extent permitted by applicable law, MaxiNutrition disclaims all warranties (express or implied) as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this site.
2.2 MaxiNutrition shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage, which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this site.
2.3 Certain links in this site (typically a banner advert or icon) will lead to sites which are not under the control of MaxiNutrition. When you activate any of these you will leave the MaxiNutrition site and MaxiNutrition has no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability for the material on any site which is not under the control of MaxiNutrition.
3. Limitation of Liability
3.1 You agree that MaxiNutrition shall not be liable either in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise, for any:
3.1.1 loss of profits, revenue or goodwill or any type of consequential, indirect or special loss or damage whatever arising from or in any way connected with this Agreement;
3.1.2 direct loss or damage (including loss or damage which is reasonably foreseeable or occurs naturally in the course of things) resulting from any acts, omissions, failures or delays occurring on or in relation to those parts of the Internet not under MaxiNutrition's direct control including, without limitation, damage for loss of business, loss of sales, non payment of sums due, loss of profits, business interruption, loss of reputation, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss (even where MaxiNutrition has been advised of the possiblity of such loss or damage).
3.2 You also agree that (except in relation to such liability as has been expressly excluded in clause 3.1 above) the maximum aggregate of liability of MaxiNutrition in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise (even where MaxiNutrition has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage), for any loss or damage whatever arising from or in any way connected with:
3.2.1 any defect in a product;
3.2.2 any failure by MaxiNutrition to process signals, data, information, orders or messages correctly or in a timely manner;
3.2.3 any misrouting or non-delivery of signals, data information, messages or orders from you to other persons or from other persons to you, or any scrambling or distortion of data or information contained in them; and
3.2.4 any liability not excluded by this Agreement shall, in respect of any one or more events or series or events (whether connected or unconnected) taking place within any twelve month period be limited, in the case of defects falling within clause 3.2.1, to the price of the relevant goods and otherwise to Â£50. This limit shall also apply in the event that any exclusion or other provision contained in this Agreement is held to be invalid for any reason and MaxiNutrition becomes liable for loss or damage that could otherwise have been limited.
3.3 You agree and acknowledge that you are in a better position than MaxiNutrition to foresee and evaluate any potential damage or loss that you may suffer in connection with the goods and services provided by MaxiNutrition, and therefore that MaxiNutrition cannot adequately insure in respect of such liability. You warrant to MaxiNutrition that you will insure against, or bear yourself, any loss for which MaxiNutrition has excluded liablity.
3.4 Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the limitations of liability set out in this clause 5 may not apply to you.
3.5 In particular, nothing in this Agreement shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer or exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence or fraud of MaxiNutrition.
Save to the extent that it falls within the provisions of clause 5, you shall indemnify MaxiNutrition and any third party (including its sub-contractors) from and against any liability, losses, rights, expenses, loss of profits, business interruption, consequential loss, pecuniary loss, claims or legal proceedings, including, but not limited to claims involving defamation and intellectual property infringement, and expenses, including legal fees, arising from your use of the MaxiNutrition site or purchase of goods and/or services from that site which are brought or threatened against MaxiNutrition or suffered or incurred by MaxiNutrition by another person or entity.
Delivery times quoted are estimates only, and MaxiNutrition shall not be liable for any delays caused except to the extent caused wilfully or negligently by MaxiNutrition.
All designs, text, graphics and their selection and arrangement on this site are the copyright of MaxiNutrition or its content providers. As a visitor to the MaxiNutrition site you are licensed to copy electronically or to print portions of this site for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of materials on this site without MaxiNutrition's prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
7.1 Intellectual property rights in any software or any other copyrighted materials ("Software") and supporting documentation supplied by us to you remain our property or that of our licensors.
7.2 Without our written consent and without affecting any applicable statutory rights under the Copyright (Computer Program) Regulations 1992 (as amended, supplemented or replaced from time to time) you shall not and shall not permit any other person to:
7.2.1 disassemble, reverse engineer, decompile or in any other way interfere with the Software;
7.2.2 copy or modify the Software; or
7.2.3 create any new Software partly or wholly based on the Software.
7.3 Subject to the terms of this Agreement, you are licensed to use the Software and associated documentation non-exclusively, but only for the purposes identified on the site in relation to the Software.
7.4 You must not transfer, assign or sub-license your right to use the Software or attempt to do so.
8. Typographical and Pricing Errors
In the event a product or service is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical error or error in pricing information received from our suppliers, we shall have the right to refuse to meet or to cancel any orders placed for that product or service whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, we shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
9. Matters Beyond our Reasonable Control
MaxiNutrition shall not be held liable for any breach of this Agreement caused by circumstances out of its control including, but not limited to, Acts of God, fire, lightening, or extremely severe weather, explosion, war, disorder, flood, industrial disputes (whether or not involving our employees), acts or omissions of Internet services providers or acts of local or central Government or other competent authorities.
In the event of conflict or inconsistency between the terms of the English language version of this Agreement and any translation provided by us, the English language version shall prevail.
In the event that any term of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable by judicial decree or decision, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain valid and enforceable.
Maxinutrition Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Maxinutrition Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/01/2011.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at Unit 1, Horizon Point, Swallowdale Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 7FZ, phoning us on 01442 418 500, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Unit 1, Horizon Point, Swallowdale Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 7FZ
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.